As per the American academy of dermatology, losing fifty to hundred hairs per day is normal. As per estimates about ninety percent of an individual’s hair are in growing phase and only ten percent of the hair are in resting phase, at any point in time. However, factors like pollution, psychological and mental stress, chemicals, faulty diet, etc interfere with the normal hair growth process and are responsible for hair loss or lifeless and scanty hair. Here are some simple dietary recommendations along with home remedies for effective hair care.
Hair loss in Women
Eight percent of hair loss in males are attributed to genetic and heredity and there is little that can be done about it. However, for females, healthy hair is a sign of beauty and hair loss can be very stressfull and traumatic experience. Some of the common factors responsible for hair loss among women include,
Diet for Fast Hair Growth
Dietary insufficiencies are one of the leading cause of hair damage and lifeless hair in women. Including certain foods to correct the deficiency disorders can promote normal and healthy hair growth
Simple home remedies can promote quick hair growth by promoting blood circulation to the hair and eliminating dandruff.
|Hair loss in Women can be distressing|
- Endocrinal disorders including thyroid disease
- Certain medications including birth control pills have been known to cause hair loss. Chemotherapy (i.e. treatment for cancer) has been commonly associated with hair loss
- Dietary insufficiencies like low iron, inadequate intake of proteins, etc are also responsible for hair loss in women. Convalescence phase after a major surgery or a major illness is also responsible for hair loss
- Fungal infection of the scalp can cause hair loss
Fortunately, most of the causes of hair loss are reversible. Dietary correction, home remedies and homeopathy can help in growth of thick and lustrous hair.
- Green leafy vegetables like lettuce and spinach, fish, poultry, cereals, sprouts, etc supply required iron to the body. Heavy menstrual bleeding is often responsible for anemia in women and inclusion of these foods in the diet can address to the deficiency of iron
- Milk and dairy products, poultry, cereals, legumes and pulses and eggs are rich in proteins, which are an essential constituent of healthy hair and promote hair growth
- Carrots, capsicum, spinach, broccoli, pumpkin, liver and fish are rich sources of Vitamin A. Vitamin A plays a crucial role in ensuring a healthy scalp. Dandruff has been identified as the leading cause of hair loss and dietary intake of Vitamin A is crucial to address to the problem of dandruff and unhealthy scalp
|Milk is important for Healthy Hair|
Home Remedy for Quick Hair Growth
- Lemon juice has potent ingredients which help fight dandruff and in turn prevent hair loss. Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice for about fifteen minutes each day before going to bath can have beneficial results
- Regular massaging of the scalp with coconut oil and herbal application improves the circulation of blood to the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Vinegar is an anti-septic and kills bacteria and germs. Local application of vinegar mixed with egg yolk is beneficial. Vinegar is gentle on the scalp and doesn’t cause damage to the skin, while egg yolk provides nutrients to the hair follicles, which further promote quick growth of hair
- Consuming specially prepared ‘hair drinks’ comprising of a mixture of equal portions of alfalfa, lactuca sativa and carrot have been known to prevent hair damage and promote the growth of healthy hair.