As per the kidney and Urology Foundation of America, one in five women develop Urinary tract infection in their life time. Estimates suggest that approximately 38% of adults over the age of 20 years, in the United States, self reported of suffering from the condition. Due to difference in the anatomical structure, females are more prone to urinary tract infection and bladder infection compared to their male counterparts. Using homeopathic medicines has been found to be highly effective in the management of UTI and eliminates the need for antibiotics and other painkillers.What is UTI? Urinary Tract and Bladder Infections
|UTI is more frequent|
in females compared to
Recurrent UTI, causes considerable morbidity, if complicated, it can result in several severe urinary diseases.
UTI Symptoms: Symptoms of Urinary Tract and Bladder Infection
Some of the common symptoms associated with urinary tract infection include,
- Increased frequency of urination – day and night
- Dysuria (pain during urination). Occassionally the patient may complain of blood in urine.
- Pain and tenderness in the lower abdomen. The pain is often typically stiching pain which may often radiate from the urethra to upwards towards the kidneys
- Offensive, and foul smelling urine, which is invariably dark yellow in color.
Homeopathy to treat Symptoms of UTI: Natural Treatment of Bladder Infection
Homoeopathy is a complex system of health care and treatment, which treats innumerable diseases competently. This system cures and heals the body holistically. The homoeopathic medicines restore the deranged and disturbed vital force, to its normal functioning, without having any adverse side effects. Numerous homoeopathic medicines have shown therapeutic results in the treatment of urinary tract infections. These remedies enhance the body’s defense mechanisms and reduce inflammatory processes and swelling. Homoeopathic drugs are manufactured from natural substances – flowers, fruits, animal extracts and products, and minerals, and thus have a gentle, yet effective and lasting result. It is necessary, that along with homoeopathic medication, the patient ought to follow certain dietary recommendations and hygiene guidelines to hasten cure.
- Cantharis: Cantharis, a strong homoeopathic remedy, is especially suitable for patients who demonstrate an intolerable and frequent urge to urinate. There is excruciating pain and burning in the urethra, every time he urinates. Burning and scalding with each drop. Urine flows in drops. Occasionally, there is blood in the urine and it appears jelly like. Cantharis, has a marked effect on the entire urinary system, and brings about a reduction in the pain and burning sensation almost instantaneously. It puts a stop to inflammation and irritation of the bladder. It is well indicated in urinary tract infections associated with pregnancy.
- Apis: Apis is another potent and powerful homoeopathic drug that has a striking effect on the urinary tract. Complaints such as intense burning and smarting while urinating, incontinence of urine (dribbling of urine or involuntary urination), and smelly and dark colored urine are cured swiftly. Fever associated with the infection is also handled effectively. The remedy has a direct action on the kidneys and the bladder, and checks inflammation, congestion, and swelling.
Here are some simple home based treatment options that can help in the management of urinary tract infections and bladder infections effectively,
- Drink at least three to four liters of water each day. Water helps flush the kidneys and aids in the elimination of the bacteria that are responsible for the infection. Drink water or consume fresh fruit juices about three to four times in a day.
- Cranberry juice is also considered beneficial in the management of urinary tract infection. As per a study published in the Journal of Urology, Canda, consuming cranberry juice or extracts help reduce the risk of developing UTI in a sample of 150 high risk women.
- Aroma Oils are considered to be soothing and have beneficial properties, especially for the management of abdominal pain and colic caused due to the infection. A combination of various aroma oils like tea tree,sandalwood,frankincense and juniper is considered to be highly beneficial.
|Cranberry Juice is beneficial|