|Apple protects against|
Apple pectin is an excellent source of dietary fiber. Vitamin C and Potassium. Estimates suggest that most of the vital nutrients are contained in the skin of the apple. What’s more, raw, unpeeled apples are a bigger source of many essential phyto-chemicals, which in turn act as powerful anti-oxidants. The content of these phyto-chemicals in cooked apples or commercial apple products is almost zero. Apples are very high in pectin. Pectin is a soluble fiber that exerts several significant beneficial effects.
Studies have shown that Apple pectin is useful in management of a wide range of health problems. These include,
- Anti-oxidants in apple pectin help destroy free radicals that are responsible for cellular damage and spread of tumor cells. Apple is considered to reduce the risk of development of lung cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer.
- Fiber content in apple pectin is considered beneficial in improving bowel movement and effective in the management of bowel disorders like irritable bowel syndrome and constipation. Further fiber also plays a crucial role in weight loss and controlling obesity.
- Apple pectin is also beneficial in managing co-morbidities associated with obesity which include heart disorders and cholesterol levels. Fiber prevents the absorption of cholesterol and are relatively bulky which reduce appetite and manage obesity
- Studies have shown that apple pectin is also loaded with acetylcholine, which has a protective action against aging and prevents oxidative and cognitive damage associated with age.
|Apple is wonderful for Detox|
- This soluble fiber has the capacity to reduce blood cholesterol levels appreciably. Simply adding 1 apple to your daily diet, provides you with about 3 grams of fiber, and can diminish serum cholesterol level by almost 8 to 11 %. It binds the cholesterol to the bile acids and speeds up the excretion. It also enhancing liver functions and prevents hepatitis.
- Apple pectin prevents and also fights the spread of cancer. It is known to check the spread / metastasis of the cancer cells successfully.
Apple Pectin Precaution: Caution while consuming Apples
Apple is one of the top 10 foods that have a lot of pesticide residue. Therefore, choosing organically grown varieties is recommended. The next best option is, washing the fruit with an additive free soap or any other commercially available fruits and vegetable wash.
Further studies have shown that apple seeds have a slightly poisonous action as they contain cyanogenic glycoside. Though moderate consumption of apples is not harmful to humans, they may be responsible for deaths in birds.