We all face hair problems: hair fall, balding, dandruff, hair breakage and premature graying. Sun damage, poor dietary pattern and inadequate hair care play havoc with your hair and scalp. However, some simple measures contribute to healthy and gorgeous hair.
Understanding Healthy Hair: Causes of Hair Problem
Hair is a non living tissue; and is made up of keratin. Hair requires a bountiful supply of nutrients to nourish the hair follicles in the scalp. Usually, hair grows about 1 centimeter in a month. Also, remember that it is quite normal to lose up to 100 hairs per day.
Problems arise when the hair growth decreases, hair becomes brittles, the hair turns dry and dandruff sets in. poor diet, hormone changes and stress trigger hair loss and all the associated problems namely hair loss. Thus, following a healthy diet and incorporating certain supplements help your hair grow stringer and healthier.
How to Get Healthy Hair? Simple Tips for Hair Growth
- First and foremost eat sensibly. Make sure that you have a balanced diet for hair growth. Don’t attempt fad diets; they deprive you of all the essential nutrients.
- Use a mild shampoo and conditioner. Keep your scalp clean. Clogged pores and an accumulation of dirt, triggers infection and dandruff.
- Massage your scalp once a week. Massaging stimulates hair follicles, especially those that are dormant. This encourages blood flow to the scalp and hair roots; thus supplying an abundant amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid harsh chemicals and steer clear off all hair treatments. High heat from curling irons and blow dryers damage the hair too.
- Use home made hair packs made of : avocado, wine, papaya, etc.
Foods for Healthy Hair: Dietary Recommendations for Long Hair
- Flax seeds: flax seeds are packed with omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids make the hair soft, healthy-looking and glossy. Without enough omega 3 fatty acids in your body, the hair becomes dull and lifeless. Flax seeds also treat itching of the scalp and dandruff successfully. Have 3 spoons of roasted flax seeds daily.
- Alfalfa: alfalfa juice or sprouts are the most excellent hair foods. They are loaded with the most essential vitamins and minerals that encourage hair growth. Make sure that you have a bowl of sprouts or a glass of juice everyday.
Vitamins for Hair: Vitamins to Promote Hair Growth
Your hair is very sensitive to vitamin and mineral imbalances. A lack of a particular vitamin, particularly over a long period of time can result in extreme hair loss. When you start vitamin supplements, begin with a dose every day for a period of 2 months. Thereafter start tapering the dose and incorporate those foods that supply that particular nutrient in plenty. It is always advisable to consult your health care provider.
- Vitamin A: vitamin A is very crucial for healthy hair. An insufficiency of the vitamin in the diet makes the hair look dry and dull. That should be your first warning sign of a deficiency. Protracted deficiency causes hair thinning and consequent hair loss. Supplementation will put a stopper to hair fall and impart a wonderful, healthy sheen to the hair.
- Vitamin B complex: vitamin B strengthens the hair, conditions the scalp and checks hair loss as well.
- Biotin: biotin is equally effective in the maintenance of healthy hair. It restores lost hair, improves the texture and appearance of hair and promotes hair growth.