Flax seeds also referred to as linseed are quite similar to sesame seeds, in shape, but are a little larger. The color varies from amber to red-brown. The flavor of the seed is earthy and warm, with a nutty edge. Flax seeds promote healthy growth of hair, along with having several health benefits like preventing cancers and protecting the heart. As per the Mayo Clinic, Flax seed have potential benefits in controlling lipid levels in the blood and preventing coronary artery disease.
|Flax Seed is loaded with|
Nutritional Features of Linseed: Flax Seed Nutrition
- Flax Seeds, also called linseeds, are chock full of omega 3 fatty acids and powerful phyto-estrogens. Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial in preventing cardiovascular disorders, hypertension and preventing atherosclerosis
- They are a remarkable source of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber plays a crucial role in improving gastro-intestinal functions, enhancing the absorption of nutrients and also aids in the process of weight loss.
- Additionally, they provide - potassium, manganese, magnesium and iron. These minerals are crucial for a wide range of metabolic functions in the body along with playing a vital role in maintaining internal homeostasis.
Hair loss is associated with a wide range of causes. In addition to genetic factors stress, hairstyle and hair treatments are also responsible for hair loss. Certain medications including prescription drugs to treat arthritis, heart problems, hypertension and depression can also result in hair loss. Hormonal disorders like hyperthyroidism can also result in hair loss.
Irrespective of the cause of hair loss, flax seeds are loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids and certain vital nutrients and minerals which play a crucial role in preventing balding and hair thinning. Flax seeds play a crucial role in support scalp health and keep the hair follicles healthy. In addition flax seeds also provide luxuriant and beautiful hair.
|Linseed Oil protects|
the Heart and prevents
- Omega-3 fatty acids help cut down the risk associated with cardiovascular and heart disorders. Flax seeds contribute in improving the lipid profile of the individual by reducing the levels of LDL and enhancing HDL levels which thereby prevents atherosclerosis. Further high fiber content of the seeds improve metabolic functions and aid in burn down of fats which further reduce serum cholesterol levels and aid in weight loss
- Studies have shown that linseed oil plays a crucial role in preventing cancer of different forms including prostate cancer and breast cancer. Linseed diet can diminish the spread of cancer cells and reduce metastasis. Researches have shown that flax seed can reduce and even shrink the size of breast tumors.