|Cellulite is common|
in the West
Normally fat cells in the body are encapsulated and stored in the adipose tissue of the body. Often however, fat cells tend to be pushed outside the walls of the adipose tissue, especially located in the middle layer of the skin. This results in extra pull on the connective tissue giving the skin an orange rind or cottage cheese appearance, which is often very unsightly.
- Avoid junk food, processed foods, saturated and Trans fats. Avoid aerated drinks and beverages. Avoid alcohol and smoking
- A detoxification process can help you in effective management of cellulite. A Lemon detox diet is considered beneficial as it helps purge out the toxins and chemicals accumulated in the body which are considered primarily responsible for cellulite formation. It improves gastro-intestinal functions and digestion, fights constipation and improves immunity.
- Increase the intake of fresh fruits, namely oranges, apples, grapes, avocados along with fresh vegetables namely spinach, broccoli, cabbage, parsley, etc. Increase the intake of dry fruits like raisins, dates, prunes, etc. This diet typically helps in purifying the blood and is loaded with vitamins and minerals
- Ensure that you consume a minimum of three liters of water each day. Water helps in flushing out toxins and prevents the accumulation of toxins and waste in the body
- Increase the intake of foods rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin A. These foods are beneficial for the skin. Minerals like Magnesium and Calcium also play a crucial role in strengthening the collagen tissue and preventing cellulite formation
|Dates are efficient in |
the management of
In addition to the dietary recommendations, here are some addition tips that can be beneficial in reducing the occurrence of cellulite,
- A cold water bath is always beneficial. Cold water helps close up the pores which in turn gives the skin a shiny appearance. Before the bath, brush the skin with a rough towel. This helps improve blood circulation to the skin.
- Weight management plays a crucial role in reducing occurrence of cellulite. Shedding out the extra pounds and having an ideal body weight is beneficial. Yoga techniques can be beneficial in the management of weight gain.
- Regular exercise plays a crucial role in maintain ideal body metabolism and also helps in removal of toxins and accumulated waste.