|Black Eye Appearance|
Injury to the eye or on the face or trauma to the head is the primary cause. Allergic reactions also cause a black eye is some people. Cosmetic / surgical procedures like face lift; brow lift, nose surgery, etc are significant causes as well.
Bruising of the tissue that surrounds the eyes causes black discoloration. There will be some swelling as well. They eye looks soggy. Pain may be present too.
Black Eye Treatment: Tips to Cure Black Eye
- Cold compresses are the effective; a cold compress will prevent swelling and blue-black discoloration. Use the compress for 15 minutes, 3 times, daily.
- After 2 days use warm compresses. By now, capillaries around the eye will have got repaired, warm compress increases the blood supply to the injured area.
- When sleeping keep the head elevated. This hastens healing considerably.
- Apply 1 - 5 % vitamin K cream around your eye. Also, use an eye patch, so that the cream acts all day. Vitamin K expedites healing.
|Local application of Potato|
Slice is beneficial in
Black Eye Management
- Vitamin C is essential to successfully treat bruises. Ensure that you take a vitamin C supplement everyday; additionally, consume plenty of lemons, limes, sweet limes, oranges, apples, etc.
- Massaging with olive oil reduces swelling and pain appreciably.Massage the tissue surrounding the eye very gently. Improvement should occur in 2 weeks; if not, it is recommended that you consult a doctor.
- Raw potato is also a powerful home remedy for a blue-black eye. Grate a raw potato and pace over the eye. Leave on for 15 minutes. It decreases the sogginess and the swelling significantly.